[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:51:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2009, at 10:42, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
> [...]
>> That is may point, the market conditions are pretty dire...
>

> Only for non-essential people. There's always work for people who are
> prepared to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty,
> metaphorically or otherwise.

The definition of "essential" is very fluid at the moment. Many
companies out there are not judging people based on skills, they are
just comparing salaries and total compensation packages and juggling
the numbers ...

> It's middle management that has the most to fear...

Oh no, I am telling you first hand experience, they are the last ones
to go. The liaison between the local office and the personnel in
Timbuktu is not going to be the technical guy.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk