[Gllug] Disk Errors causing machine to freeze

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Feb 7 17:11:30 UTC 2009

On 7 Feb 2009, Ben Whyte said:
> I have had this problem with 4 drives over the last couple of months.
>
> I have also reinstalled my OS 3 times, and currently I am running some
> testing with Knoppix and coppying a ~10gb of data from a usb drive to
> the disk
>
> It is showing the same symptoms.
>
> I am inclined to think that I may have a sata problem on the motherboard ?

Ask on the linux-kernel mailing list (if you're using an upstream
kernel) or raise a bug with your distro (if it's a distro kernel).

Reinstalling the OS is vanishingly unlikely to fix it (I can't imagine
any mechanism by which it could).

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk