[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Feb 20 02:28:06 UTC 2009

On 19 Feb 2009, Christopher Hunter outgrape:
> I can certainly vouch for that!  I worked for a large Redmond-based
> corporation for a (short) while in the late 90s, and did almost no work
> - it was meetings, meeting, meetings and more meetings....

Another reason why I refuse to get promoted to management (my current
place has got the message and gives me mentorship stuff only). As far
as I can tell a lot of the job of even a very junior manager consists
of endless fucking meetings.

No *thank* you, I'm willing to take a quite substantial pay cut to
avoid that sort of human-facing rubbish.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk