[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:54:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Juergen Schinker
<ba1020 at homie.homelinux.net> wrote:

>> It is also worth  pointing out that some of the better paid jobs
>> (60k+)  will come to one *only* via agencies or head hunters. Ignoring
>> these sources may deprive one of good oportunities,  it is needless to
>> say that many big companies have an official recruitment agency, for
>> both permanent and contracting personnel, so if you don't go through
>> them you simply will not work for that company.
>>

> good companys explicitly don't work with agencys

That is quite silly to say I am afraid, perhaps some do and some
don't, notice I used the word "some" very purposefully, what I think
it is completely uncontroversial is that if you don't check agencies'
offers the pool of jobs available to you is reduced. You obviously
consider that a bad thing, each reader of this thread will have to
make up their own mind regarding that.

>> I despair to think that solid Engineers and technicians ignore this
>> resource like if they were some kind of disease. Granted, there are
>> agencies that are rubbish, but there are others that save you time and
>> effort while you are job hunting and that open doors that otherwise
>> would remain closed.
>
> those doors better stay closed- that saves you time

To each one his own, whatever rocks your world, etc.  Being a chap of
a friendly disposition my policy is the more the merrier :-)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk