[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Balbir Thomas balbir.thomas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:07:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:57 AM, william pink <will.pink at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am flat sharing about 3 miles from central (Hackney)

sorry, perhaps I should have been more specific in asking about the independent
living appt. Flat sharing may not be a great option for a family, parents and
say infant or child. But you did partly answer my question and confirmed my
suspicion. I am beginning to suspect that London may not be a great place
to look to build a career and settle down. So looks like market forces
and consumer choice must take their toll ! I have always disliked big
cities for this reason (having grown up in one with a population of > 10
million then), but made an exception for my wife this time. She seems
to be changing her mind now, and thank god for that :-).

I did my dissertation while living in columbus, ohio. I can attest to the fact
that on a Ph.D students stipend there, I could afford my own independent
1 bedroom appt. and be able to maintain a decent used car and buy
some gadgets and books every once in a while.

regards
bt
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk