[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

jt at camalyn.org jt at camalyn.org
Thu Feb 19 10:13:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 09:34 +0000, Hari Sekhon wrote:

> It is if you know which Web 2.0 shop it is, and I do.
>
> They were offering this position last year at £55K (the job title was
> Site Reliability Engineer) working in Soho but were illogically picky, a
> good excuse I got after ticking the boxes was they wanted someone from
> an ISP (who probably also needs just the right hair cut, shoe brand and
> last name starting with Z...)

I know who this Web 2.0 are too. If anybody would like to contact me
off-list (james at camalyn.org) to discuss that would be great. In my
experience, I've recruited for very similar positions with other Web
2.0s at *much* higher base salaries.  It's in my interest to get someone
the highest base salary I can but also to educate (where necessary) the
client to what they should expect to pay too.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk