[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 23:44:46 UTC 2009

2009/2/19 Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org>:
> On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 13:42 +0000, John Hearns wrote:
>
>> You simply cannot expect to slap Doctor in front of your name and
>> command 50K salaries.
>
> That's not been my experience, but you need a doctorate in something
> useful!

Hey, that's fine. I'll continue to consider my doctorate in high
energy particle physics useful.
And you know what - I don't care if its useful or not. It was my
ambition to work at CERN, and I did. The extremely ill people I helped
treat at Guys Hospital probably though I was doing something useful.
My doctorate in particle physics has led me into some interesting jobs
deploying Linux in several fields.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk