[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Thu Feb 5 12:23:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 11:47 +0000, Ryan Cartwright wrote:
> So - for me - an agent produces better results where the client is the
> employer and not the candidate. It *should* work the other way too but
> sadly it doesn't. Perhaps that is because if your client is an
> employer and you do a good job - they'lll come back to you.

However, an effective, efficient or productive agency would aim for
quality. Yes the numbers game does work, but shows no respect for the
employee or employer. Even if one does need a monkey, you are likely to
get a higher quality monkey(who might be worth investing in) from an
agency that is more particular about their practices.

Then again, low quality agencies also offer you low cost monkeys. If you
are lucky one will be a diamond in the rough. As well, not every job
requires quality monkeys even if it does make the work environment
nicer.

Justin

--
If you are an adult, you can choose to act like a child. If you do not
accept being an adult, you are only a child. -JJJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk