[Gllug] Government collecting comms data

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 17:42:50 UTC 2009

2009/2/18 Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk>:
> On Wednesday 18 February 2009, Juergen Schinker wrote:
>>
>> i named my servers after Comedians

I've worked with the following standards:

 - rock bands
 - star trek words
 - fish
 - words with the letters "ASL" in. (asleep, aslope, hassle etc)
 - family members ( mother, father, uncle )
 - dreadful naming scheme from a head office which had a
{useage}{location}{count} spec as in
      DB-LON-01
      which was great right up to the point we moved the servers or
changed their
usage. Or retired one ( "I can see WEB-SCOT-03, but where are 01 & 02?" )

The best one I've worked with is "Use a 5-letter word. Makes the
reports line up."

tid.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk