[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Feb 13 13:19:52 UTC 2009

On 13 Feb 2009, at 12:16, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk>
> wrote:
[...]
>> Because Reading is a dump,
> Oh for bunnies sakes,

Go on then. What is the killer feature of Reading that would make me
want to spend quality there?

The tourist attractions all seem to be in the outlying villages or
other towns, it has the same crappy chain restaurants and pubs as
everywhere else, and the city centre is a urinal at weekends. Public
transport was also expensive and unreliable when I last wasted some
quality time there.

This isn't to say that I flat out refuse to work in Reading, but there
would have to be a very compelling reason to do so. I certainly refuse
to *live* there.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk