[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:45:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> On 12 Feb 2009, James Hawtin said:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 02:29:07PM +0000, jt at camalyn.org wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, I have not received an awful amount of interest to this
>>> vacancy.
>>
>> It does occur to me that could be because this is the Greater London linux
>> user group list and this job vacancy is in Reading! If you offered jobs in
>> London I expect you might get a better response.
>
> He pushed it on the CLUG list as well. Cambridgeshire, so close to
> Reading.
>
> (What's the point of geographic lists if you post to all of them
> whenever you have a problem placing anyone?)

It offers you a chance to relocate.

Also some of us can, had and will travel anywhere for a short term
contract that offers an interesting opportunity.

In other industries it is common currency to fly to Europe during the
week to your gig and then come back home to spend the weekend with
your family. I  did something similar (different continent) several
times in a past life and was quite challenging, interesting and
profitable.

My wife, that works in other industry, has done short stints in the
USA and Mexico, she would have not come across these jobs if the
respective agent  had circumscribed himself to "Londoner Jobs for
Londoners" :-)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk