[Gllug] Beagle Board

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:59:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM, John Edwards
<john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk> wrote:

> RISC OS was release in the late 1980s. Both MacOS and Windows
> were using co-operative multitasking at that time (and for
> years afterwards).

That's not really an excuse. The Amiga had preemptive multitasking
back then, and there was no reason for RISC OS not to go the same
route. I remember the MacOS bigots at the time trying to claim that
cooperative multitasking was a better model, because that was all they
had. It was a weak argument then, just as it is now.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk