[Gllug] It is not Microsoft

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 15:46:10 UTC 2009

2009/1/9 Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon at googlemail.com>:
> Jose Luis Martinez wrote:

>>> Absolutely correct: this is how we gain access to Win Server and w/s
>>> machines where the password is lost.
>>>
>>> So administrators are right to be concerned.
>>>
>>> The proper answer is dedicated machines, unfortunately...
>>>
>>> MeJ
>>>

>> The machines are to be exposed irrespective of what OS is used.
>>
>> The best solution would be to do automatic nightly re-installs,
>> anything else is either too expensive or risky.
>>
> Encrypted Hard Disks.
>
> -h

If I was doing a training environment, I would try to use thin
clients, that had no hard disk at all. So a simple power cycle would
reset them to their original config.
One could then easily switch the client machine between windows and Linux.
The actual content etc. would then be centralized on a Citrix or
similar server (e.g. NX).
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk