[Gllug] Windows cross-compiler talk on Saturday

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Jan 26 11:59:36 UTC 2009

I hope everyone's going to come along and listen to us talking about
cross-compiling to Windows from Fedora using our fully open source
toolchain, on Saturday.

I'm going to be writing the talk this evening and tomorrow evening.
If anyone has any particular things they want me to cover, then do let
me know.  Such as questions like - Can you use it for commercial
software?  Can you use it for language X?  What about graphical apps?
Will you support library Y?  ...

Other than that, it will be a practical demonstration of writing a
graphical C program and showing how to use the cross-compiler to build
it, test it and make a Windows installer (all without needing Windows
of course).

Some background links:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW
http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/file/tip