[Gllug] iproute 2 and sarge

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 12:14:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:

>> The full list of releases in historical order is:
>>
>> Hamm, Slink, Potato, Woody, Sarge, Etch, Lenny
>
> Proving my point?

Not least because it's not a full list. It's missing at least Buzz, Bo
and Rex, and possibly others. Which release is which? Which should you
be using now? Without resorting to Google, the average newcomer to
Debian has no idea, and the whole thing is unnecessarily confusing.
But anyway, we went through all of this a couple of months ago, and
probably don't need to rehash it all again:

http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2008-November/074784.html

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk