[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:51:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

> From experience if I were to suggest (for example) that a client was
> willing to pay £50k-£60k I would not receive "any" interest from those
> that were on base salaries of £30k-£40k or £60k-£70k.

Not sure I follow your point... do you mean that for some it would be
perceived as too high, and for others too low?

> Its always been far easier and better to provide as much information
> about a job and for any interested people to then contact me and let me
> know what there salary is and then if we move forward to the interview
> let me advise the client what salary that particular person is earning.
> This is often preferred by some clients too.

I don't know... my time is precious.  I'm not going to invest time in
phoning someone up, going through the motions of looking into a job if
the remuneration doesn't match my requirements.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk