[Gllug] SCSI card recommendation

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Jan 26 20:50:28 UTC 2009

On 26 Jan 2009, t. clarke verbalised:

> Are these TK-50s the same as the QIC DC525 525Mbyte tapes ?

Oh, no, they're *much* more insane, as the Usenet post I linked to makes
clear. TK-50s are impossible to mistake for anything else, as they only have
one spindle (the other one is inside the drive, yes, this *is* as failure-
prone and pointlessly aggravating as you might imagine).

> If so I have a pile of them no longer used and a SCSI drive which still works,
> installed in a backup machine.

I used to use those. The only backup software I found which worked was
DOS-only, so I stopped using it as soon as I graduated from DOS.

... that was back in 1993...

> So, if anyone wants to copy any stuff onto a DAT tape or CD, let me know..

If anyone wants to copy any stuff onto a TK-50 tape, let your mental
health professional know. If you don't have a mental health
professional, get one: you may be a danger to the public ;)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk