[Gllug] Decent 64-bit linux distro

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Jan 31 10:55:26 UTC 2009

> Hi everyone,
>
> Can anyone point me to a decent 64-bit distro?

I use Debian Lenny 64 bit on several systems (including my laptop) without
problems.  The only issues are with things like Adobe Flash which didn't
exist in a 64-bit version (for *any* platform) until recently.  The
open-source replacements are now becoming usable though.

> Does anyone else get my impression that the 64-bit versions of the popular
> distros are afterthoughts which aren't tested properly?

Definitely not the case for Debian.  I haven't tried any others.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk