[Gllug] [ANNOUNCE] Gllug Meeting 31st January 2009

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 17:53:10 UTC 2009

Greetings Gluggers,

We will be having  our first meeting of the year on Saturday the 31st
of January, at the New Cavendish Street campus of Westminster
University, starting at around 1330 hours.  For those of you who
haven't attended before, this is in the shadow of the BT Tower; the
nearest tube stations are Great Portland Street, Warren Street and
Goodge Street. You will find a map at
http://www.wmin.ac.uk/cavendish/Map.htm or at
http://shorterlink.org/1882

NOTE: You will need to sign in at the front desk to gain access to the building.

At this event we have the following speakers/features:

Richard Jones
Richard Jones will be talking to us about Windows cross-compilation in Fedora.

Matt Smith
Matt Smith will be giving us an introduction to QT.

Caroline Ford
Caroline Ford will present to us on Open Source desktop education software.

Lightning talks

We plan to run a set of lightning talks of no more than 10 minutes
each, including questions. If you have a particular favourite topic
which you would like to share, then please feel free to turn up and
talk. It would be helpful, but not necessary, to email me beforehand
with a topic.

As usual, we shall decant to a nearby pub for drinks and food after
the meeting.  The usual favourite, the Green Man, is being
refurbished, so I'm open to other suggestions - Bricklayers? Grafton
Arms? King and Queen?

Thanks!

Stephen Nelson-Smith
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk