[Gllug] Beagle Board

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Mon Jan 12 18:41:14 UTC 2009

Ok, so I over simplified a bit.  Yes, you can do it on the older hardware but it
was not directly supported by the CPU, unlike today's CPUs or even those from the
68030 (68020 even maybe, but it didn't have a separate mmu which the 030 did)
did.  These CPUs had a hardware interrupt that regularly tripped and was easily
used for preemptive multitasking.  It is/was possible to do on older hardware,
but it was not standard across the board by any stretch of the imagination.

Andy

On Mon Jan 12 13:30 , Peter Corlett  sent:

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk