[Gllug] Government Gateway

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 13:44:31 UTC 2009

I have to confess that I didn't find the self assessment website the most user-
friendly site.  The whole process took me longer than simply scribbling numbers
on the paper form  - I supoose that serves me right for leaving it to the
last minute!

I also had a panic phone call from my niece saying that she was stuck on one
of the wbesite pages as it refused to accept 'tax deducted by employer' of
zero  (0) .  Clearing out the field so it was empty was the (obvious to me
but maybe not to everyone) answer.   I also noted that the free text fields
will not accept certain characters (why ??) and baulk at the use of the <return>
key in that one gets an error saying 'invalid characters' even though you can't
actually see any invalid characters !

Maybe I will get my finger out and do the next one manually.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk