[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Fri Jan 30 06:49:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 01:25 +0000, James Holland wrote:

> I am shocked by the intolerance shown on this list.

The rules of this list are easily available, and appear quite sensible
to me - they effectively prevent this list filling up with
advertisements.

>  What is one or two emails that violate the faq?

One or two will rapidly turn into ten to twenty, and then the list will
eventually become unreadable.

>  It might mean a job for someone, which is to be valued in the current climate.

Perhaps.  The recruiter would probably get more applicants if an
accurate salary was accurately displayed - there is no point in applying
for something that's obviously way below your expectations.  Some of us
wouldn't consider (for example) anything under £90k p.a. so it's
unlikely that even in the most straightened times would they consider
one of these jobs offering £25k for "experienced" applicants.

> What about re-discussing the rules? Surely with any community these
> could evolve over time??

Of course.  Perhaps a flag could be set so that it's easy to set a rule
to avoid such adverts.

> Maybe another topic for discussion on Saturday???

Probably!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk