[Gllug] iproute 2 and sarge

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 14:37:27 UTC 2009

Hi Martin

Profuse apologies .....
I thought I was running sarge,  but upon logging in from home to the machine
I discovered its actually running etch!!

I am somewhat confused as the Debian web page says Etch was released December
2008, so I assumed I must be running the earlier version (sarge).

Further googling indicates that etch was original released in April 2007,
so I assume that the latest etch is an update rather than a completely fresh
distribution!

So I have now used apt-get to download iproute.

Thanks for the pointer that sarge was an older version than I thought :-)

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk