[Gllug] Diagnosing runaway Xorg

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Jan 19 22:59:02 UTC 2009

On 18 Jan 2009, Tethys spake thusly:

> Dylan writes:
>
>>So, how can I go about getting more information?
>
> Once again, SystemTap is probably the right approach here. It won't let
> you see X protocol interactions (at least, not easily), but it should
> give you some idea of what's going on.

SystemTap is useful if you have problems in kernel space, but its ability
to probe problems in user space is currently extremely rudimentary. It's
not dtrace yet, alas :(

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk