[Gllug] Beagle Board

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Jan 14 23:34:21 UTC 2009

On 14 Jan 2009, Vidar Hokstad outgrape:

> Even the video interrupt would work fine - that was what I was
> actually originally thinking of, mainly because it needed to set up a
> video interrupt anyway to tie the sprite animation to the VBR to avoid
> flicker, but I might as well admit I'd also completely forgotten about
> the CIA timer interrupts.

:)

I was trying to avoid touching the raster interrupts, but I'm not sure
why because they tended to get used in clock-accurate assembly stuff,
not from BASIC, so we might as well use the raster interrupt as well.

I wish PC hardware was as open as the C64s...

>                           Probably because all I ever used myself was
> the video interrupt since my coding on the C64 was mostly demo type
> stuff full of syncing to specific raster lines, as most C64 demos..

Oh yes, that was probably the single most heavily used feature in the
VIC, 'cos you could abuse it for so *many* different tricks :)

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk