[Gllug] Unable to mount hibernated drive E:

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sun Jan 4 12:07:42 UTC 2009

On Sunday 04 January 2009, Diana Scott wrote:
> I have a data drive “drive E:” created by windows xp so that
> I could mount the drive and share the data when I use ubuntu 8.10. However,
> when the windows xp drive C: in hibernated mode, I am not able to mount the
> drive to have access to the data in drive E: from linux.
>
> Do you know how to gain access to drive E: while the drive
> C: in hibernated mode?

Can you talk to us in Linux-ese, please: what device(s)/partition(s) are
involved; how is the drive attached (internal/usb); what error, if any, does
mount return and is there anything in the logs?

Dylan

--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk