[Gllug] sudo authentication against ssh key

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 17:20:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Minty<mintywalker at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The only wrongness I can see is assuming that having them ssh in with
>> a keypair is more secure than having them type their password in.
>
> Noted, although in our current case, this is an assumption we have
> considered and opted to run with with, I think, our eyes open & sober.

So long as you're aware of the risks, that's a choice you've made and
that's fine. It seems an odd one to me, though, given that in most
circumstances, key based access is probably less secure than password
based access.

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk