[Gllug] Introductions to Databases

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Jul 19 10:49:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 11:33:47AM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
>      PGSQL(dbh) "insert into employees (name, salary, email)
>                  values ($name, $salary, $?email)"

There's another subtlety about this code which I forgot to mention.
At compile time it checks the types of the columns against the
database schema.  So for example you'd get a compile time error if the
name variable wasn't a string.  Or if your DBA drops the email column
without telling anyone, then again you'd get a clear compile-time
error.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones