[Gllug] [Lonix] Not having to rely on Windows

Johannes Lang johannes.lang at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 14 21:25:12 UTC 2009

Hello

I hope you have got my email where I state a bit about myself.

I was at the point a while ago where I wanted to start using Linux, but
as I have a problem using it with wifi with it, have to go back to
Windows. Not good I tell you. I know it can be done, evn with what I have:

A WG111T Netgear network adapter with a DG834GT router. Some people say
that Netgear does not have Linux drivers and others say that you can use
any router with any Linux. It just depends how you set your system up.

I would like to be using Mandriva or preferably openSUSE. I tried both
but failed miserably. It can be done though (even with a
dongle......allegedly). Please help me.

Thanks
Johannes

You are subscribed to a lonix mailling list. To escape please visit http://www.lonix.org.uk