[Gllug] sudo authentication against ssh key

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Jul 20 13:14:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:35:43PM +0000, James wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 01:19:38PM +0100, Minty wrote:
> > Does anyone if it is possible (& how) to authenticate a sudo user
> > against their ssh key, rather than a password?
> >
> > I'm want to allow a user password-less sudo (to named commands
> > controlled via /etc/sudoers) if and only if they've connected via ssh
> > using their key.
>
> You might be able to do something via pam, there is a pam_ssh project, on
> source forge, is a nice blog entry about pam_ssh

No, that doesn't work at all; have a look at the documentation.  pam_ssh
has to be installed client-side, not server-side, and gives access to
the private key.  The OP is trying to detect, from the *server* end,
wher the public key has been installed, whether a key was used.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill