[Gllug] Hi!

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 08:00:52 UTC 2009

2009/7/8 John G Walker <johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Incidentally, I estimate at this rate the list will achieve gender
> equality around about 2352, which is earlier than I thought it would,
If the girl communities on free / open source softwares are not strong
. I am afraid the prediction of yours might just be true .
www.linuxchix.org is quite active and strangely the brazil team of
linuxchix is very active , even Indian linux chix is growing now with
a recent initiative to shift from linuxchix.org.in to
india.linuxchix.org because the domain owner un subscribed from
the list and was not responding to the lists !

This same thred for instance where I asked about current london linux
chix chapter has got a reply asking anyone to volunteer but strangely
I waited to see some female replying .. alas girls are not interested
in linuxchix  .. why should I bother or I think with same pessimism
that gender equality wont be seen in my life time!!

Regards,
Pavithran
--
pavithran sakamuri