[Gllug] Domain registrars

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 11:55:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:46:07PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:39:34PM +0100, Andy Millar wrote:
> [...]
> > Are we aware if that is an annual charge, or an one off fee?
> > I can't seem to find anything definitive on the site.
>
> It's £80 + VAT to renew the domain, which needs to be done every two years.

See:

	http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrars/fees/feeschedule/

I did consider becoming a Nominet 'member', however the costs were
too high: #400 to join & #100/year. There is little money to be made in
registration, there is a lot of competition. Most registrars do it in
the hope of selling other services. Because of the lack of money there
is little incentive to puts lots of resources into getting it right.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk