[Gllug] sudo authentication against ssh key

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 12:19:38 UTC 2009

Does anyone if it is possible (& how) to authenticate a sudo user
against their ssh key, rather than a password?

I'm want to allow a user password-less sudo (to named commands
controlled via /etc/sudoers) if and only if they've connected via ssh
using their key.

That is, sudo's NOPASSWD feature isn't sufficient as that would allow
anyone who could get a arbitary command to run as that user to sudo.

I want "if you've authenticated enough for ssh then sudo doesn't need
to authenticate you further".

Or am I approaching this via the wrong angle?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk