[Gllug] Red Hat versus other qualifications

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jul 1 14:56:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 03:03:51PM +0100, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> As a customer I'd also want to know that the processes had been
> improved to prevent a repeat, though.

If you are a customer (I have no idea if you are or not) then you can
ask about this through support, where they will be happy to explain
the large amount of internal QA and package-to-package comparisons
that we perform on everything before it goes out.  Also our ISO-
compliant processes.

I don't know of any software engineering organization that has
completely eliminated all bugs from every piece of software they
release.  At least, not for a price that you or I are willing to pay.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat