[Gllug] Red Hat versus other qualifications

lesleyb at herlug.org.uk lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Thu Jul 2 09:21:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 10:10:57AM +0100, Matthew Smith wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been looking to get a Linux admin certificate, and was wondering if
> Red Hat was the gold standard in terms of making you more employable, or
> if the competition (Novell, CompTIA etc) were just as good.  Any ideas?

As a result of this thread I looked at Red Hat's site and couldn't resist the
pre-assessment questionnaires.

I felt they were worth trying because they suggested I might benefit from a particular fast-track path.
Even if I can't afford the course, that info confirms what I feel about my existing skill level
and gives me a reference point to discuss with a potential client/employer.

Regards

Lesley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk