[Gllug] Red Hat versus other qualifications

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jul 1 13:35:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 12:15:29PM +0100, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> > broken backports of what? (that's a genuine question, btw)
>
> Perl 5.8 is a good example.

People really need to start finding other examples.  This single
Perl example is getting old.

The issue was not raised through ordinary support channels.  Instead
it was sent directly to Bugzilla, languished there for a month
(because Bugzilla is not the proper support channel, as anyone who has
Red Hat support would know), and then was fixed when it was raised by
a customer through the correct support channels.  In fact it was
released as a hotfix.

> Red Hat seem to have released more broken Perls than any other vendor
> I've dealt with.

I think by "more broken Perls" you mean "one broken Perl".

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat