[Gllug] Progress?

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Tue Jul 7 06:52:20 UTC 2009

Hello,
   I have been trying to persuade my local Ealing Council to help new users
of Unix compatible FOSS with courses and a community based computer club,
but so far the response has been NO it is not Microsoft.
   I attended a meeting on Saturday 27th June in Ealing main library
arranged so that the (relatively new) council leaders could explain how the
budget is organised, followed by a Q&A session. I asked what the council
intended to do about their failing IT system which is still suffering the
effects of a virus attack. I was told that the system is about due for its
regular re-assessment, and this time nothing is being ruled out.
   Consideration will be given to the entire system, including existing
contracts and contractors. The council leader Jason Stacey appeared to be
interested in what I had to say about other operating systems available,
professional services, expertise and advice, and education.

Chris Bell NEW address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk