[Gllug] Belkin KVM not working with usb mouse and keyboard ports

lesleyb at herlug.org.uk lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Sun Jul 19 20:02:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 02:25:05PM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Sat 18 Jul, John G Walker wrote:
>

> > And does anyone know a British supplier?
>
>    You could try www.3ADL.com, although you may need to email or phone if it
> is not on their website. (Their prices are volatile, shown less VAT).

http://www.kvmswitchdirect.co.uk/acatalog/KVM_Switch_Direct_1_user_controlling_up_to_4_computers_10.html
might be of interest.   Some are listed as Unix compatible.

You could attempt to locate Linux compatible equipment and then look on ebay.

I have an old Belkin KVM around somewhere from ebay which had no trouble working with old DIN style OpenBSD 486,  another PS/2 based OpenBSD Celeron and a USB based Debian Barton box.
Hot keys didn't work but this was hardly a big drama for me as I placed the KVM in an accessible place and I mostly ssh'd into the two OpenBSD boxen, needing the KVM for specific
irregular tasks.

Regards

L.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk