[Gllug] Introducing the Google Chrome OS

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Jul 11 10:39:17 UTC 2009

JLMS wrote:
[snip]
> If my mother can (she is 69, running Ubuntu at home) I am sure yours could :-)

I recently Freecycled an old PC to someone who wanted something for his
elderly mother-in-law to be able to access the web and e-mail.  She had
an even older Win-9x box of some sort.

I put a fresh clean install of Debian Lenny on it and delivered it
without any kind of briefing.  The feedback that I got within a couple
of days was that she was delighted with it and it was much better than
her old one.  I don't think either my original contact or his M-I-L was
really aware that it was running Linux.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk