[Gllug] Wireless and Linux

Johannes Lang johannes.lang at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 25 23:44:52 UTC 2009

Hello

If I had a posting about me not being able to sign in, please ignore
this, as I hope that I have access to the mailing list now. At least,
when I attempted to sign in, the email bounced back and said that I have
already been signed in. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, here is my problem:

I was at the point a while ago, where I wanted to start using Linux, but
as I have a problem using it wirelessly, unfortunately had to return to
Windows XP. It must just be me, because my colleague has managed to get
it working. This is what I have:

A Netgear DG834GT router
A Netgear network adapter (WG111T).

Some people say that Netgear does not have Linux drivers and others say
that you can use any router with any Linux. It just depends how you set
your system up. I obviously have set it up wrongly because it doesn't
work on any flavor, not even Ubuntu. In the end I would love to use
openSuse, because it has a lot of treasures that come out of the box.

Please help

--
Thanks
Johannes