[Gllug] Domain registrars

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 10:47:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Alain Williams<addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

>> Has anyone tried moving to a neutral Nominet tag?
>
> What is a ''neutral Nominet tag'' ?

>From http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/changeregistrar/faq/

| What happens if I do not want a registrar?
|
| If you can provide your own hosting, you can also use this
| process to move your domain name onto a neutral tag, which
| is not associated with any registrar.

As I understand it, that's a tag provided by Nominet for those
who run their own domains, but don't need to become a tag holder
themselves (for example, because they don't need to register
domains on behalf of their customers).

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk