[Gllug] Fedora 11 gets it wrong

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:45:00 UTC 2009

On 10 Jun 2009, at 08:15, Tethys wrote:

> 1. It's not a desktop OS, or at least, it shouldn't be. That's not
>   how where it was initially aimed. In reality, it increasingly is.

That's what it's built as. Unless you think they ship GNOME because
people like pretty gui admin tools?

> 2. I'm not. But I'd like to be able to, purely because what's in
>   Fedora today will be in RHEL/CentOS tomorrow, and I'd like my
>   server OS to be sane. If they don't get it right in Fedora now,
>   then my servers of the future will be screwed too.

Fedora is a testbed for this sort of stuff. Desktop users of fedora
find bugs in packages and those packages are then not shipped into
RHEL. Why are you using your server to find bugs in fedora?

--James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk