[Gllug] Seeking some laptop advice

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Jun 6 20:38:49 UTC 2009

Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 10:09 +0100, Juergen Schinker wrote:
[snip]
>>  - Transport Fee exeptionally high
>
> No more expensive than any other delivery service.

Not true.  Historically Dell have charged an outrageous amount for
delivery (about £60 last time I looked), when actual overnight delivery
costs are more like a tenner (and that's before you get the kind of
discounts which Dell must get).  To make matters worse, if you ordered
two systems they would charge you for two deliveries, which makes it
clear that it isn't really a delivery charge at all - they were just
knocking £50 off the headline price of the system to make it look
cheaper and then tagging it on to the delivery.

Of late things have improved and now they seem more often than not to
quote prices inclusive of delivery.  Do check before ordering something
from Dell though.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk