[Gllug] Graphics card recommendations wanted

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 28 09:17:41 UTC 2009

2009/6/28 John G Walker <johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk>:
> It looks like I need a new graphics card. It has, obviously, to
> have good Linux support. Anyone have any strong recommendations? Or
> warnings?

That depends on your budget of course!
Recently, I have had the following Nvidia cards either on evaluation
loan or installed in users workstations (3700)

Quadro FX 1800, 3700, 4800, 5800

I wouldn't say it was an out-of-the-box experience to get each running
with full 3D support - its the usual story of following the
instructions on the SuSE web site, making sure that the SaX2 package
is bang up to date, and in some cases downloading the latest Nvidia
driver package direct from the site.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk