[Gllug] Hosting recommendation

Ryan Cartwright r.cartwright at equitasit.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 22:09:04 UTC 2009

2009/6/10 Adrian McMenamin <adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info>:
> I want to recommend a low cost Linux hosting provider to someone. They
> have a wordpress blog they want to move from one server (mine) to their
> own.

I 'll add my voice to the recommendations for Bytemark - I've had
nothing but first class service from them.

> Low cost is important. And as I will do the moving SSH access is pretty
> much essential as I cannot be bothered with other "solutions"

I've had great expereinces with 5-quid (http://www.5quidhost.co.uk).
They have serves in the UK and US and their customer service is
excellent and they are cheap (e.g. 50MB space, 500MB/month for £5 per
year - 2GiB, 20GB/month for £5 per month). Their servers run CentOS
with Cpanel but you get SSH as well (although they went through a
period of opening a time-limited SSH account for you on request - not
sure if they still do). But for the wordpress sites I host, it was
just as easy to upload the archive via cpanel in the end.

HTH
Ryan
--
Ryan Cartwright