[Gllug] Netbook recommendations?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jun 13 13:37:38 UTC 2009

On 12 Jun 2009, Peter Corlett uttered the following:
> They have a load of the popular 80s computers out on display for the great
> unwashed to destroy, mainly because there are still millions of replacement
> units cluttering up attics up and down the country.

I suspect they're out on display for the great unwashed to look at. I
mean they also had that gigantic room-filling Ferranti or whatever it
was (the one someone who shall remain nameless was digging around inside
the case of), and I doubt there are many of *those* left cluttering up
attics.

> A day return to Bletchley is about £24 from London, and entrance to the park
> is £10 per annum.

It really is worth it. There's far more than you can possibly see in one day,
but the ticket is valid for a year :)

> (Come to think of it, I have some stuff that I don't need any more and that
> the museum doesn't appear to have.)

You know what to do!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk