[Gllug] Thoughts on secondhand server guide price

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:13:58 UTC 2009

2009/6/16 william pink <will.pink at gmail.com>

> Indeed I think I will just stick on Ebay and see what it collects
>
> Granny egg sucking hints 'n' tips time here:  wipe the fscking disks before
sale.

a) Boot with Knoppix CD/thumb drive.  Scrub all partitions.

b) Make a list of anyone who has ever had root access to the machine: stalk
them they slay them and their immediate families. This is simply a prudent
step from a data protection point of view, and no court in the land will
convict you.