[Gllug] Seeking some laptop advice

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Thu Jun 4 14:49:45 UTC 2009

Quoting "Andy Millar" <andy at andymillar.co.uk>:

> You have not converted him yet? :-)

I'm still trying - more of the time now I try to get him the same
software as he could have on Linux.

> We use HP 6730b laptops at work for a 50/50 split of Windows XP and
> Linux users. They support both well, have relatively ok battery life and
> a rather decent screen.

The only bad thing seems to be the price but then if I have that kind
of money to spend I would consider it.

> It also doesn't hurt that they're easy to take apart :-)

That could be quite a plus in some circumstances.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk