[Gllug] Large raid 5/5+0 setup

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 18 19:47:05 UTC 2009

On 06/18/2009 06:30 PM, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> Most enterprise kit comes with a much better deal on support and
>> turnaround than the likes of scan.co.uk - and I would be very surprised if
> And is the support actually good enough to justify a 100% mark-up?

It depends a lot on what you have in place. As a generalisation, I'd say
in many cases : yes.

If you just need something to store your movies at home on, then perhaps
not. But if you were Team Ford, setup up a data acquisition rig for the
wind tunnel, yes Hitachi and Fujitsu would both be high on the list of
people to talk to.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk