[Gllug] Mains Ethernet Adaptors

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Tue Jun 9 18:40:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 10:14 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Is there a need to use Windows/OSX s/w to achieve this ?

No.  The ones I have are set up with internal switches and an internal
web page - just like most wireless routers.  There are 255 frequency
settings (8 switches) and WPA encryption is easily set up from the web
page.

> Also, what about security ? Can that be setup from within Linux ?

See above.

> Is there any brand / model that might be recommended ?

The ones I have are labelled "Home Net", but look similar to the Solwise
ones (though I can't vouch for how good or bad the Solwise products
are).

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk